- This event has passed.
Illustrated lecture: Nature and seasons in Japanese art and gardens
September 7 @ 12:00 pm - 4:45 pm£10.00
We invite you to register for this lecture and art viewing event to be held in the Bristol Museum and Art Gallery, to coincide with a special exhibition of Japanese woodblock prints.
Two excellent lecturers will be discussing related themes:
- Kate Newnham, curator of the special exhibition and
- Yoko Kawaguchi, author and writer on Japanese gardens and culture.
Cost is £10 per person (£8 for concessions) FREE entry to the museum (10 am – 5pm)
- 12pm – 12.55pm: Japanese Garden Society members meet in café for lunch (optional – not included)
- 1pm – 1.15pm: Event registration in the schools room
- 1.15pm – 2.15pm: Celebrating the seasons in a Japanese Garden with Yoko Kawaguchi
- 3.45pm – 4pm: Tea and coffee break
- 3.15pm – 3.45pm: Nature and gardens in Bristol’s Japanese woodblock prints with Kate Newnham
- 3.45pm – 4.45pm: Self-directed tour of the gallery
This event is jointly organised by the Museum and South West Regional Group of the Japanese Garden Society
JGS members can register for this event at:
JGS members wishing to meet together for lunch before the meeting are asked to:
email Southwest@jgs.org.uk, so a table of sufficient size can be reserved in the café
purchase their own selection of food/beverages at the café counter before joining the JGS table.